Sunday, December 12, 2010

NFL Week 14 - LS&J

Locks

This pains me in unspeakable ways, but I will have to pick the (8-4) Eagles to take down the (4-8) Cowboys on the road tonight.  The Cowboys have played way better under Jason Garrett, but Indy hanging 21 points in the 4th quarter on the Dallas D doesn't bode well with me.  Also, the Cowboys offense didn't generate a lot of points or movement on their own.  Eagles win 31 - 23.

The second lock of the week is (8-4) Ravens to beat the (5-7) Texans on the road Monday night.  I usually like road dogs but in these two picks I'm going with the favorite because the home dogs have played like well, dogs.  The Ravens D will slow down the offense of the Texans enough to take a close one in Houston 23 - 20.

Shocks

The (10-2) Patriots are on the road at the (9-3) Bears this weekend.  I'm not a huge believer in the Bears, but I am a huge believer in let down losses.  The Pats are a young team with a struggling D.  The defense turned in their best performance of the year and I don't expect them to repeat it two weeks in a row.  The Bears D has taken out a lot of quarterbacks this year, I don't expect them to take Brady out but he will get knocked around.  The Bears win 27 -24.

The second shock is the (6-6) Raiders over the (7-5) Jaguars.  I have picked the Jags to get upset several times this year and I've been wrong every time.  I think this week will be different because apparently I'm a gambler who thinks this time it will be different.  Oakland is playing tough this year and one never knows which Raider team will show up.  I'm thinking it is going to be the good one this week as they win the battle of the field goal in Jacksonville 22 - 19.

Jocks

Philip Rivers is the first jock going up against the Chiefs.  This is a must win game for the Chargers if they want to get into the playoffs.  Rivers knows this and will get (running or throwing) three touchdowns and at least 300 yards passing.  I wouldn't be shocked if he crossed the 4,000 yard mark on the year.

The second jock is Aaron Rodgers for the Packers.  He is quietly putting together quite a nice season and lucky for him he draws the Lions today.  Rodgers will throw for over 300 yards and score at least two touchdowns.  He only got 181 the first time against them, don't expect this to happen again!!

Leave us your comments on this weeks games on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/sidelinershow 

No comments:

Post a Comment